Friday, September 5, 2014

What a Difference a Week Makes!

Last week I was struggling with the Scoreboard and having my students be motivated by it.  Part of it was me.  I just needed to change my perspective.  After a restful weekend, and being determined that I would make it work this week, I started my week on Tuesday with a new perspective, and IT WORKED!  My kids were so much more motivated by the Scoreboard than any of the other weeks. We actually earned rewards (extra recess) for three of the four days!  Previous to this week, we had only earned it twice the entire school year!  This is just proof that sometimes you need to re-evaluate and reflect on how things are going and then make necessary changes.  I am glad that I did that, and I am looking forward to the motivation the Scoreboard will continue to provide for my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment